07 May 2009

Enviro-schools!

This week in Room 8 children brought in items from home that they could re-use in some way. Below are some photos of items a few of the children brought to show...
Watch this space for comments from the Room 8 kids about how they used their items.

Amy - my item was a milk bottle. I cut it in the middle so I could put pencils, rubbers and stuff in it.
Ella - My item was also a milk bottle. I cut it in half to make a pot to plant tomato seeds in!
Lauren- my item was a mandarin bag from the fruit shop that I used as a bird feeder. I could fill it with bread and hang it in a tree.
Freya - I brought an old earl grey lavender tea container that I could use to hold my pencils.
Willow - I brought a tissue box that I could re-use to hold my little toys.
Madison - My item was a washing powder box. We had to think of how we could re-use it. I thought I could make a pencil holder too.
Jules - I had a metal chocolate container from my Dad's chocolates. I used it to keep my magnetix in.
Charlotte Wilson - I made a pencil, rubber and glue stick holder out of small and large yogurt containers. Then I covered them with pictures from magazines.
Louis - I brought a ice-cream container that I can use as my lunch box. Lots of people in our class use ice-cream containers to keep their lunch in at school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what creative ideas you have Room 8 for recycling uses. I particularly liked Charlottes very colourful and creative pencil and pen holder. I never would have thought of reusing a mandarin bag in that way Lauren. I guess there is a way to reuse most things. We just need to get creative and put our thinking caps on! Well done Room 8.

From Fiona Lamb (Liam's mum)

Anonymous said...

Hi Room 8,
We really enjoyed your reuse and recycling ideas. Good Work guys!

We thought you would like to look at these recycling websites:
www.patagonia.com/recycle
Have a look at the MISSION REYCLED VIDEO, and check out AGENT TIMMIES RECYCLING UNDERWARE MISSION.
Its very funny! he he.

This reycled shoes idea is good too!!
www.nikereuseashoe.com

Have fun looking at all these recycling things.
from, Euan, Jasper, Jake (Euans Dad).